VEGAN RAINBOW ROLLS
Your friends are going to be talking about this one for years to come! These 'Tofu Rainbow Rolls' are a hit at any kind of gathering or get together. With all of that colour, crunch, flavour and let's be honest, sheer AWESOMENESS, you're plate is going to be empty in a jiffy!
The best thing about this recipe? It is SO SIMPLE. Get the kids involved and cheer on from the sidelines!
Feel free to swap out ingredients to whatever if seasonal or preferable to you. It's all good baby baby!
1 Tablespoon of coconut oil
1 packet of Nori Sheets
1 Packet of firm tofu
Small bowl of finely chopped Kale/Cabbage mix
1 tablespoon Tamari Sauce
1/3 cup Sweet Chilli Sauce
1/2 Fresh Lime
**If mango is in season, it can be a delicious addition to the roll!
1. Slice the Carrot, Capsicum, Carrot and Cucumber, Tofu and Avocado into long, thin strips
2. Heat the oil over a medium in a large pan and cook the Tofu strips until golden brown
3. Place the first Nori sheet on a dry surface and place a few pieces of Avocado and Tofu length ways across the sheet to the ends.
4. Arrange the carrot, capsicum, cucumber and thinly sliced salad mix in the same fashion.
5. Lightly wet the top 1cm edge of the Nori Sheet and roll the bottom edge of the sheet over the ingredients.
6. Keeping a tight grip, keep rolling upwards until the wet edge joins. Once you have created your roll, wet along the joining edge and press down again to seal with your finger.
7. Create a dipping sauce from 1/3 cup Sweet Chilli Sauce, 1 tbsp Tamari and 1/2 the juice of a lime.