15 MINUTE VEGAN PESTO PASTA
Hey guys, Xav and I were BLOWN AWAY by how good this turned out last night! It was one of those dinners where you feel really sad it's over :'( Alas, this will 100% be a regular at our place now. So quick and easy. It's a no brainer!
1 x Medium Red Onion
5-6 cloves of fresh garlic
1 x Jar of Vegan Pesto (I used 'Rosa's Gourmet Thai Pesto' 240ml)
1 x Packet of Mung Bean Fettuccine (Eco Organics 200g)
2 x handfuls of fresh Roquette
1-2 Punnets of Cherry Tomatoes
Organic Cold Pressed Olive Oil
Organic Coconut Oil
Pinch of Sea Salt
1/4 cup of Pine nuts
Vegan Parmesan cheese (I used 'Follow your heart' brand)
1. Finely dice red onion and garlics to prepare
2. Bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil, add fettuccine, then turn to simmer for 6-8 minutes or until Pasta is soft.
3. Whilst boiling the water, add 2 Tbsp of Coconut Oil to a large fry pan. Once heated, add diced red onion to the pan and stir until it begins to go clear. Then add cherry tomatoes and diced garlics to the pan and lower the heat.
4. In a separate small fry pan, lightly toast the pine nuts with a pinch of salt and set aside. (Do not use any oil here)
5. Strain and rinse the fettuccine noodles, then add them back to the saucepan along with the garlic, onion, cherry tomatoes, jar of Pesto and 2 handfuls of Roquette.
6. Add a few splashes of Olive oil, and mix indredients together.
7. Now simply garnish with Pine nuts and Vegan Parmesan cheese
Here are the ingredients I used, but feel free to swap and change how you like!